In Person or via SKYPE
10:30am - 1pm
4 spots left
April 14th - May 19th
Early bird discount ($40) ends May 6th!
"Sean's writing class is beyond amazing! I'm starting a sketch comedy show BachelorsPad.TV and all my sketches use his comedic writing formula!" - King Bach/Vine Superstar
"I’ve never had a teacher that allowed me to feel like I didn’t have to censor myself. The result was that I was comfortable to tackle material that I actually find interesting. Class was also just really fun. Sean is one of those rare people gifted with the ability to draw the best out of people." - Cait
"I had never taken a writing class before, so I was a little nervous. I was afraid I would not be able to keep up, but on the first day Sean broke it all down into simple steps that made it EASY! Class was like hanging out with a bunch of your friends and sharing ideas." - Suzanne
I absolutely loved your class. Thank you for an incredibly informative, supportive, encouraging, fun, and down right hilarious experience." -Hayley
"Without this class I would have been lost in writing lab, but now I feel that I can go into the class with confidence." -Jeremy
"No judgement, no pressure. I absolutely loved the class!"-Anita
"Sean is awesome! I went from being nervous about sharing my work with other people and in front of Sean who I looked up to, to not being able to wait until next week’s class to get feedback ." -Cathy
Full Payment required to reserve your spot.
All classes at my Home.
(If you can't physically be there, you can Skype!)
To be on my email list for future classes, contact me at email@example.com
I teach a really fun 6 week Comedy Sketch Writing Course with the goal of providing a safe, supportive place to explore comedic sketch writing. Whether you've been writing for years or are a total beginner, I carefully guide you through a very simple, step by step process that I developed from over 10 years of sketch writing and performing in the GROUNDLINGS Main Company.
- For the first class just come ready to learn a simple method for getting started writing sketches -- even if you've never written anything before.
- For the remaining 5 classes you write one 4 page sketch each week and email it to me a day ahead of time. These first drafts can be really unformed, or even bad!
- I give supportive notes in class on how to take your rough idea further. Writing is rewriting. We'll polish it into a gem.
- Each class features a specific technique lesson, like: How to End a Sketch, or How to make your sketch funnier by using the rhythm and sound of dialogue.
- Learn the difference between 'Premise' and 'Character' sketches, and how to get ideas for each one.
- As the class progresses, students are encouraged to offer ideas on the sketches of others, so that the class starts to function as a support team. Collaboration is a key skill if you want to be part of a writing staff. My goal is to give each student the tools to, not only write their own sketches, but identify ways to edit and improve the work of others.
- The class focuses specifically on Sketch Comedy, but the techniques are very applicable to comedic screenplays and sitcoms. The things that funny people use to make people laugh out loud can be learned.
- Class is at my home, so you get easy parking, coffee, tea and lemonade.
Most importantly, I promise to be relentless in my support of your courageous attempts at creating comedy. (I'm a shy, fragile thing myself.)
Are you allergic to cats or dogs? I have a cat named Garbo and a dog made Pepita, but I keep my house very clean so it really depends on your comfort with it.
Early bird Tuition( $40 discount) is...
$335 by check or Cash or...
$345 with PayPal button.
Be sure to check out the FAQs tab for my policies BEFORE you pay!
Email me for my mailing address if you want to pay by check, or click on the 'Buy Now' button below to use PayPal.