For info on New Sessions
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
5 once a Week Classes
"Thank you for being an amazing instructor! Not the proper way to show gratitude but I want you to know how grateful I am for your classes. They've helped me tremendously. They are, in my mind, the most helpful of any writing course I've taken. (Hell, I took yours 3 times!) Wanted you to know that I've passed Writing Lab and have a job writing a feature at the moment. I couldn't have done it without your help. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my pencil. (I still write old-school.)" - Dee
"I’ve never had a teacher that allowed me to feel like I didn’t have to censor myself. The result was that I was comfortable to tackle material that I actually find interesting. Class was also just really fun. Sean is one of those rare people gifted with the ability to draw the best out of people." - Cait
"I had never taken a writing class before, so I was a little nervous. I was afraid I would not be able to keep up, but on the first day Sean broke it all down into simple steps that made it EASY! Class was like hanging out with a bunch of your friends and sharing ideas." - Suzanne
Sean, I absolutely loved your class. Thank you for an incredibly informative, supportive, encouraging, fun, and down right hilarious experience." -Hayley
"Without this class I would have been lost in writing lab, but now I feel that I can go into the class with confidence." -Jeremy
"No judgement, no pressure. I absolutely loved the class!"-Anita
"Sean is awesome! I went from being nervous about sharing my work with other people and in front of Sean who I looked up to, to not being able to wait until next week’s class to get feedback ." -Cathy
Limited to 7 spots.
Full Payment required to reserve your spot.
PayPal, Cash or Check.
(Contact me for the mailing address)
During Lockdown all classes are online.
To be on my email list for future classes, contact me at email@example.com
- Prepare for the first class by watching my 45 minute master class on the basics of sketch writing. It is on the Skillshare website. You access it with this referal link: skl.sh/2Vkm0JL You will be asked to sign up for a 30 day trial of Skillshare. You can cancel your free trial before the 30 days and pay nothing!
- For the 5 classes you will write one 4 page sketch each week and email it to me 2 days ahead of time, so that I can really mull them over and give you detailed notes. These first drafts can be really unformed, or even bad!
- I give supportive notes in class on how to take your rough idea further. Writing is rewriting. We'll polish it into a gem.
- As the class progresses, students are encouraged to offer ideas on the sketches of others, so that the class starts to function as a support team. Collaboration is a key skill if you want to be part of a writing staff. My goal is to give each student the tools to, not only write their own sketches, but identify ways to edit and improve the work of others.
- The class focuses specifically on Sketch Comedy, but the techniques are very applicable to comedic screenplays and sitcoms. The things that funny people use to make people laugh out loud can be learned.
- Class is online only during Covid 19 Lockdown.
Most importantly, I promise to be relentless in my support of your courageous attempts at creating comedy. (I'm a shy, fragile thing myself.)
Are you allergic to cats or dogs? I have 2 cats named Anderson Cooper and Mai-Mai and a little dog Pepita, but I keep my house very clean so it really depends on your comfort with it.
$250 by Check, Cash or PayPal 'Buy Now' below
Be sure to check out the FAQs tab for my policies BEFORE you pay!
Email me for my mailing address to pay by check.
Whether you've been writing for years or are a total beginner, I carefully guide you through a very simple, step by step process that I developed from over 10 years of sketch writing and performing in the GROUNDLINGS Main Company.